Nouvelle Vague is a French band, formed in 2004. They are known for re-writing music from artists such as The Clash and Joy Division. They alter music that already exists, gives it a new and original feel – makes it their own.
How is this relevant to my project?
– Useful to have a look at how other people, within other disciplines, have altered something.
Notes from session with Michael:
- New Wave
- Bossa Nova – Another musical form.
- 60s – Remaking old songs/different styles.
- Experimental, original, different, diversity in the songs. All their songs are different.
(Conversions – making it very different.) Some of their songs are very stripped down,
slow, while other ones are faster.
- Have to stick out/find your own path within graphic design too, just like in the music industry.
- Loads of similar artists, the ones who sticks out are the once who are interesting for people who are interested in music.
- Re-working cherished tracks/using already existing material – Giving them a new life.