- Explore how an illustration could be made.
Look at the use of different methods and techniques.
- Different illustrators – What do they do and how do they work?
- Pure -/applied research – Important to know the difference.
It is not, as a graphic designer, useful to make illustrations which
does not have a purpose. Important to know what the illustration
is for and apply all the needed research too it.
Example: Is it possible to make an illustration by only using charcoal?
- Set yourself different project briefs in forms of simple questions.
- Write a learning agreement to make it easier to know what direction to take.
- What is the theme supporting the illustrations/s? Editorial or narrative?
Methods which could be used;
- Pen, pencil, water colours, charcoal, scanned images/objects, a mixture of any of these.
Formats which could be used;
- Books/book covers, t-shirts, posters etc.